Following on from last week's post covering the essential wardrobe management we all have to face from time-to-time, let's move on to the final key step - The Wardrobe Change-Over.
Now, although the sun's shining and its close to 20˚C outside (uh huh - I did write this a few weeks ago), I’m wading through a sea of cashmere on a mission to have a neatly edited selection of clothes hanging in my wardrobe for this winter. The key word ladies is most certainly - EDITED.
I store my winter clothes in white habitat boxes that go in the top of my wardrobe and I have a few large trunks in the garage for winter coats. Having pulled these out after nearly 5 months, they're creased and in need of steaming and dry-cleaning.
If you are planning on re-selling your clothes, make sure they are neatly pressed and dry-cleaned. Many consignment boutiques will not take them otherwise, it will also save you money in case they charge you for the dry-cleaning service.
I’m packing away my summer things in separate boxes, one for holiday clothes, bikini’s sarongs etc., the others are work/summer dresses, casual wear, belts and scarves.
Anything that might need dry cleaning, I have decided to pack away and it makes sense to clean it at the start of next season so they return to your wardrobe neatly pressed or you can take them to be re-sold for the start of next summer.
I have kept all the original packaging for my sunglasses so they are scratch free and if I want to update them with a new pair they will be ready for re-sale next year!
Good Luck Ladies, and remember,
A change is as good as a rest…

No comments:
Post a Comment