Friday, 20 May 2011

Chic Seeker in the spotlight // Couture Tease

Starting today we will be publishing petite conversations with some of our favourite Chic Seekers that we've come to know and love over the last two years of business. Regardless of how many new Chic Seekers we get to meet and welcome into our Mews House, we always love to get to know more about our customers and their own personal journey through life and fashion, bringing them to our doorstep and beyond. 

We hope you enjoy this little window into one of your fellow Chic Seekers, and we'll be aiming to bring you more of the same on a monthly basis... 

PSST - Apologies to all the nosey-parkers, but with the wonderfully glamorous and varied range of Chic Seekers that we have, we've decided to keep our Spotlight Chic Seekers anonymous. 

x T





Couture Tease
Age: 31
Profession: Personal Finance Expert - National Newspaper
Appointment: May 2011


Couture Tease (CT) was introduced to Chic&Seek by a friend back in May 2010. She has been shopping by appointment ever since. CT prefers not to shop online, enjoying being able to touch and feel the clothes.
CT dislikes busy shopping environments and counts Harvey Nichols as her favourite London department store.
CT buys and sells with Chic&Seek.


So tell me about your first ever designer purchase?
Yes! My Dad took me to Harrods and said I could choose anything I wanted as a celebratory present for getting a graduate job with the Financial Times. I found a beautiful chocolate brown Prada bag made of the softest calfskin. I absolutely cherish it and would never dream of selling it!

How would you describe your current shopping habits?
Nowadays I buy less, but spend more on individual pieces. I still like to shop on the high street at Topshop, H&M and Zara. I appreciate the quality and cut of designer pieces which feel so great to wear.
CT's Calvin Klein dress
CT's DKNY dress












So what is about shopping at Chic&Seek that means we get to see you come back again and again?
I love coming to Chic&Seek, I always feel at peace here! It is a lovely shopping experience, I don't like crowds in busy stores. I like the large dressing room with natural light and being able to take my time. There’s no pressure to buy and I find my visits very relaxing.
My appointments here are very personal; I love hearing the stories behind each piece. Its great to have a cup of tea with you and talk about what's hot in fashion - its like Vogue Live!


Now down to the nitty gritty - what have you bought from Chic&Seek so far?
I have a dress, a coat and a gold knit all by Prada. A Chanel blouse, a Temperley clutch, a red DVF dress and today a really amazing DVF leather jacket.
Who’s your favourite designer?
I’d like to collect Chanel, Chanel, Chanel!

No comments:

Post a Comment