While Yohji Yamamato might not be as regular a presence on Chic&Seek as we might like - we have got one beautiful leather tote bag available now - his designs are always distinct and more often than not breath-taking. If any of you haven't yet had the chance, I'd recommend taking an hour or two to get lost in YY's pure passion for innovative design, appreciation for timeless craftsmanship, and above all else, his love of fabric and textiles.
![]() |
| Available now at Chic&Seek |
"When I started making clothes, all I wanted was for men to wear men's clothes"
For further information see the what Ligaya Salazar, V&A Curator of Contemporary Programmes and the curator of the YY exhibition, has to say her own journey in planning, designing, and executing this stunning exhibition on her blog for the V&A.
V&A Yohji Yamamoto exhibition homepage
Remember ladies, this exhibition uses timed tickets so you might want to book in advance - though I have to admit that I did just turn up and waltz in....



No comments:
Post a Comment