Age: 27
Profession: Private Equity
Appointment: June 2011
So, NYS, how did you find out about Chic&Seek?
A colleague of mine read about it in Daily Candy and sent me over the link knowing how much I like shopping, and also suggesting I might want to re-sell some of my own clothes.
I'm always intrigued to know more about my clients - particularly if you remember the first designer purchase you made, and whether you still have that item?
I remember my Dad buying me some Gucci shoes in Harvey Nichols before starting uni, and actually I think you sold them the first time we met and you came to collect some clothes from me. They were a classic style with the snaffle hardware, though they were pretty well worn!
The other piece that I was reluctant to sell but you have it on your website is a Temperley dress my Mum bought for me. It was probably around £1,000, so my Mum kept asking if I was really sure I wanted it. I actually wore it to a Sandhurst Ball, which turned out to be a total faux-pas as I learned that proper attire was a full-length ball gown. Needless to say, I spent the whole evening feeling a touch embarrassed.
Who would you say are your favourite designers & labels these days?
Temperley, Miu Miu, Stella McCartney, Matthew Williamson and Alexander McQueen. For me McQueen does the best jackets, beautifully tailored, absolute classics. I don't think I'd ever sell mine.
So, aside from your visits to see us at Chic&Seek, where do you like to shop?
I really like to shop in New York. I probably visit 3-4 times a year, and head to the Meat Packing District, SoHo, and Barneys (4th & 5th floors). The customer service is just so much better in New York. I always feel a bit guilty shopping in London, like I should be making better use of my time! I also have a boyfriend now, so we tend to spend time together at the weekends - cancels out the shopping time.
It's interesting what you say about customer service in NYC, you definitely see a lot of differences all around the world, and it really makes a difference to the whole experience. So with your fondness for New York , what are your favourite American brands?
Let's see - I do like ALC, The Row, Tucker, and Piper Lime.
Now how about shopping online? Especially as you've mentioned customer service, do you ever shop online?
Occasionally, and really only for US brands. I tend to look on net-a-porter, but more for inspiration. Then I like to go into the store, touch, feel, and try on the clothes.
Do you prefer shopping with friends, or is it more of a personal, flying-solo shopping experience?
I much prefer shopping alone, to be honest. If a friend has similar style to you, you don't want to buy the same things. It can also get difficult if your budgets differ. I cannot handle places like H&M!
Any new shopping discoveries recently you'd care to share?
I have just found Ninivah on Walton Street (Knightsbridge). They have really beautiful ethnic prints. I bought a really cool reversible bikini there.
Now - when we first met you had, how can I put it... an OUTRAGEOUS bag collection. I think I must have sold about ten of your bags ranging from a Zagliani Python tote to a Balenciaga Lariat bag. What might I ask are you carrying now?
I have streamlined my collection! I use three bags; a Hermes Kelly, Chanel 2.55, and a large vintage Chanel from the 80's.
Please do tell - where did you pick up the Kelly bag?
I saw it in the Hermes store in Zurich. I couldn't actually believe they had one in stock. I probably spent 4 days thinking about it and then decided to get it. It's tan with silver hardware.
It's convenient and easy. Each time I need a clear out you come and collect making more space in my wardrobe. Although the clothes I part with I no longer wear, I like the idea that the next owner will value and appreciate them and that is important to me.
Thanks NYS, let's catch up again soon x


No comments:
Post a Comment